Just Breathe

November 13, 2009


My son, Matthew was looking at something about rocket ships and asked me why there was no air in space. I told him that “air” is oxygen and the farther we go up, the thinner the oxygen. Since we need oxygen to live, we must take it with us into space.


Then I started thinking...Air is invisible, yet God supplies it for us every day, even though we don’t even think about it and I would guess that we rarely thank Him for it. Yet, He keeps supplying it. Do you ever wonder where your next breath will comes from? I don’t (except when I’m hiking in the mountains). Why? A lifetime of experience has proven to me that all I need to do is breathe and the oxygen will be there. So, if God is constantly supplying this vital resource for life, why would He not provide everything else that we need?


You and I may not be able to see the future or understand our “present”, but we can rest assured that our Almighty and Loving God is working to supply all of our needs (Philippians 4:19). We can trust Him who gave us that promise.


So breathe in and thank God for providing “air” AND so much more for all who seek Him (Hebrews 11:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment