God is Always on Time

Friday, December 4, 2009


I wrote as my Facebook status, “Doug believes that God is always on time”. I absolutely believe it! It MUST be true. I am holding on to that truth right now. I have been waiting on a lot of people and a lot of things lately.


Time pressure is crippling. Think about it. From our vantage point “timing is everything”. Problem is, our timing is not always in line with God’s sovereign timing. The result? We worry. We fret. We get upset. We get angry at those who are making us wait. Bottom line, we at times might question God’s intentions, because it seems that He is running a little (or a lot) late.


But for God to be God, He MUST be perfect in His timing of all things. I remember hoping that I would get married by the time I was 25. I hoped. I prayed. I dated a lot. Nothing! For twelve long years I “waited” for God. But in His awesome timing, I met Kristi, God’s gift to me. In hindsight, I see His perfect timing, though at the time of waiting, I experienced some very difficult days. Good things come to those who wait.


So here I am waiting on God, again. Waiting for His clear direction for our church. New location? New worship time? I’m also waiting for His clear direction in my personal life. So when will God make things clear? In His perfect timing. My job is to keep on seeking Him, do what I know He wants me to do, and do not lose heart (Galatians 6:9).


2000 years ago, God’s people were in a time of crisis, a time of despair. And in God’s perfect timing He sent Jesus to the rescue.


God’s Word says, “But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children” (Galatians 4:4-5).

Christmas is proof that God not only loves us, but is always right on time.

Waiting on God? Me, too. But personal experience and more importantly, His Word, assures me that God is always right on time.



No comments:

Post a Comment