Trust God's Heart

Wednesday, December 30, 2009


Been a while since I last blogged. Since my last blog...a pastor in our area committed suicide in front of his wife. They have 3 children. My neighbor was a member of the man’s church and is really upset and confused about it. Doesn’t make sense. Two days ago, I got a call from a friend who said his sister and niece were murdered by the niece's husband... in front of their four young children! He is still running from the police as I’m typing this. Then yesterday, I spoke to a young man who was hooking up my internet at home. He shared how his wife had an affair with a leader in their church out on the west coast. He’s pretty mad at God about it.


I am reminded that there is a lot of pain out there...incomprehensible hurt. I read Lamentations from The Bible. Hadn’t read Lamentations in a while. The writer, Jeremiah was grieving over the devastation of God’s land and especially God’s people. Times were brutal. But in chapter three he writes,

21This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.

22The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."
25The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
26It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD.

32For if He causes grief,
Then He will have compassion
According to His abundant lovingkindness.

Jeremiah’s heart was crushed, but he held on to His God. The lyrics of this old song recorded by Newsong say it well:

God is too wise to be mistaken.

God is too good to be unkind.

So when you don’t understand

When you don’t see His plan

When you can’t trace His hand

Trust His heart.


Our God is Good. He is Faithful. Don't understand? Trust His Heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment