Monday, February 16, 2009


I got up early this morning, wrote the date on the top of my journal and was shocked---It's February 16! It seems like yesterday was Christmas. Where does the time go? I began to wonder if time has always passed so quickly or did I just begin to notice it. I know something about myself. I'm a dreamer. I love to look ahead and see what things can be. I love to strategize about how to make the dream/vision a reality. There were times when my dreams were stifled because of certain circumstances. It was frustrating. But now God has given me the opportunity to see these visions become reality. I feel fully alive!

I think those closest to me will agree that I love to look ahead. Having dreams about the future is so important. Watching those dreams become reality is so exciting. But, MY problem (one of my problems) is that sometimes I look so far ahead that I miss TODAY. A lot of really cool things are going on right now. I am part of an awesome, vibrant, growing church family. My children are growing up quickly and getting to that really fun age where they are a little independent, but still want me around. Madison lost her first tooth yesterday. Matthew continues to be the kindest little kid you'd ever meet. And Michael is beginning to speak so many new words...some of which only Kristi and I can understand. Life is FUN.

Going after a God-given dream has many twists and turns. Many victories and challenges. But we can remember that if God gives the dream, HE takes the initiative to bring it to pass. God's Word says that it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13). God's vision WILL (and is) happening! God is making it a reality. He has a 1.000 batting average. That takes the pressure off of me. God simply needs me to be obedient to Him, day-by-day. Dream about tomorrow and enjoy His activity in the day-to-day.

For dreamers like me, we must be diligent not to miss the joys of today. So what about the journey? If God is taking care of the vision and WILL bring it to pass, I can relax and enjoy the journey along the way. Lord God, help me not to focus so much on the future that I miss the joys of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment