Wednesday, February 4, 2009


I got up this morning and prepared for my "time alone with God". I grabbed my Bible and my journal. My coffee cup was filled and I was ready to go...until. UNTIL is a great word. It's a moment, a turning point word. UNTIL can be good or bad. For example, I was a lonely single UNTIL I met my wife, Kristi. That's awesome. Another example, Life was great UNTIL my friend turned his back on me. That stinks big time! Sometimes, UNTIL might seem bad at the time, but it turns out to be great. Bottom line, UNTILS are pauses. Interruptions.

Within seconds of grabbing my coffee and settling in with my thoughts and prayers, all three of my kids were awake. So much for my scheduled time ALONE with God. Many mornings I would get them settled UNTIL I could get back to my alone time. But this morning all three wanted to snuggle. Not near me, or next to me but ON TOP of me. I gave in. We snuggled for awhile and I quickly realized that this interruption was special.

I push so hard at times. Even to do good things. I have my agenda and my way of getting things done. God's way is so much better. My meeting with Him was scheduled, on time and on my terms, but He had a better way. My UNTIL this morning turned out looking something like this: I had my agenda, my good intentions, my way of fellowship with God UNTIL God dropped three snuggly children into my lap. God's interruption of my schedule turned into a time of rest and joy. I realized again this morning that it won't be long UNTIL my kids are grown and gone. I'm not quite ready for that.

My intention was to meet with God, and I did, but I would have missed His rest and His joy had I brushed aside this moment and forced MY agenda into play.

Lord, thanks again for the UNTIL this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment