Tuesday, March 3, 2009


I had a long overdue conversation with a friend this morning. I could tell things weren't exactly right between us. Things were o.k., but just not where they should be. So we happened to be in the same place at the same time and God opened up an opportunity for us to talk. By the end of our conversation, we were both glad we were able to lay things out there and bring resolve to things which were bugging us. I love it when that happens! So does God.

I understand again what Jesus was talking about when He said that if there is an issue between you and someone else, go to them in love and talk it out. He said, if when we are worshipping Him we realize an "offense" with another Christ-follower, we are to stop and make things right; THEN come and worship Him (Matthew 5:23-24).

Why do we hesitate in doing this? We know Jesus knows best, but out of fear or self protection we hesitate. I have found over the years that every time I make things right with someone, God gives me real joy deep within my spirit.

Has God nudged your spirit about a long overdue phone call or text or e-mail that you need to make? You know who you are! Hesitate no longer. Get things right... then worship Christ Jesus, who is the Master of Forgiveness. Who knows? You just might experience real joy deep within!

No comments:

Post a Comment