Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I just returned home from a time of planning with our church staff. We stayed at a friend's place just outside of Brenham, TX. Brenham is best known as the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream. How did I miss eating some Blue Bell while there?

Anyway, I was sitting on the front porch early yesterday morning. The rain had stirred me to consciousness even though I was starting to wake up on my own. So I got dressed, grabbed my coffee and headed to the porch. I love sitting on the porch during a rainstorm. Over the course of an hour, I witnessed the rain slow to a halt, then a cool breeze awaken my senses. I watched as the rain clouds were swept away and replaced by Mr. Sunshine (as my kids would call it). The rain clouds were pushed further and further away. So awesome! I thought about how quickly things can change.

In the middle of crisis or uncertainty, doesn't it seem like the "rain" will never stop? Where is God when I need him? Doesn't He see my situation? Didn't He promise to never leave nor forsake me?

There is something called object permanence which means that just because you can't see something doesn't mean it no longer exists. The sun is still there even though the rain clouds are obstructing our view.

God is ever present and ever attentive to our needs even when we can't "see" Him. Sometimes the rain clouds hang around a little longer than we want, but we can be assured that our incredibly merciful and gracious God cares deeply for us and soon, the "sun" will shine on our faces again.

If today, all you see are rain clouds, I pray you will embrace the reality that GOD IS THERE and He cares for you.

Psalm 46 is an amazing reminder that our Lord is with us, even when circumstances seem to convince us otherwise. Read Psalm 46 and let His Word bring encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment