Tuesday, January 27, 2009


So my wife, Kristi, goes out of town last Friday for a weekend scrap booking retreat. I am responsible for the kids until Saturday when I ship them off to the grandparent's house. I will have the house to myself for 24 wonderful hours. I have big plans! Movies to watch, stuff to be done, or I can just do nothing. Well, I get home and Bella, our yellow lab puppy, is sick. I mean the "smell up the entire house" kind of sick. For fear that something was desperately wrong, I took her to the vet. Bottom line, she is fine but my restful day was filled with interruptions.

At the beginning of this year, I prayed that God would help me to see interruptions as opportunities. This vow was being put to the test. How can cleaning up dog poop and spending the afternoon at the vet be an opportunity for anything good?

Sometimes we can't immediately understand the reason for the stuff that interrupts our plans. I know I sure can't. But if God really holds our future in His hands, we can trust that He sees and knows and cares about every challenge we face. Psalm 37:5 says, "Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him and He will do it."

Lord, help me to trust you with ALL of my days. Even those days that are filled with dog poop!


No comments:

Post a Comment