Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I am in beautiful San Diego with my family. Why do beaches in southern California look so different than the ones in southeast Texas? That question is for another day.

Yesterday was exciting and busy. The adventure started at the famous San Diego Zoo. I've seen none better. After a quick break we went swimming at the hotel, then we packed up for Coronado. We ran around on the beach (the water was freezing) and the kids played in the sand. After walking around Coronado for a while we had a great dinner then headed back to the hotel. Needless to say, we all crashed pretty hard after a fun-filled and adventurous day. In fact, I'm still the only one up and around this morning!

A good and wise friend told me a couple of years ago NOT to get stuck in the ordinary. Instead, he said, live your life as an adventure with God. His words, along with the Word of God, inspired me to "live my life to the full" (John 10:10) and not settle for comfort of compromise. Because for a person to know the will of God and not to do it, not only is it sin (James 4:17), but in the long run, it's not very fun.

God has called us to follow Him on an adventure. Isn't there something (or someone) deep within calling you out to REALLY LIVE? God calls us to live an extraordinary life. Believe me, following Christ is NOT boring nor ordinary. It is an exciting and sometimes a little scary adventure. But I'll tell you, its the only way to find real life.

Back to San Diego. After a long day of adventure, we were tired, but we had joy because we made the most of our day. I would not have changed a thing.

God tells us in Ephesians 5:15-17 to understand the will of God and to make the most of our days.

I challenge you not to settle for ordinary. Choose to find the will of God for your life, and go for it. It may be a little scary, but in the will of God you will find REAL LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment